Regency Student Housing - Forget safety and maintenance!

As part of our capital improvement projects we have been undertaking renovations including resurfacing of the parking lot, remodeling of rooms and bathrooms just to name a few. We have received great feedback on the renovations and plan to continue them into the future.
Mad2015_2015

Owners recently sent residences a 'brag' on their $3m lawsuit against a competing student housing unit (public knowledge), while not providing adequate security and maintenance. Using a staff of ill-trained students in exchange for rent.

Broken bottles, cigarette butts, beer cans, vomit, littering the exterior. Parking lot surface an insult! 2/15 a gang of 60ish high-schooler's invaded, w/knives and fought. Entry gate 'broken' for several months.

Security staff and camera's long promised. Coke dealer cruising the lot. Oct.

a 27 year old man broke into a personal unit spat on, sucker-punched an injured/helpless kid. (*crime reports public knowledge)

Stop the madness!

It is a dump, and it is getting worse!

That security gate is open more often then not.

You know that there is a crack hotel just outside the gate?

Bad quality
Preferred solution
Fix this!
Review #605758 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Threats to Student Welfare

It is unfortunate that you feel this way, but because of the anonymous nature of this comment we don’t have any way to address comments or concerns. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us direclty.

The unprofessional and untrained YOUNG uneducated staff at the Regency, hide behind their technology and only come up for air when they need money or to threaten to get money or attempt to steal money. If you don’t give them what they want, they send threatening emails and contact people who have no business in your business.

This place is run by slumlords and is an absolute fire hazard and endangerment to student welfare. The updating is pathetic, and DO NOT complain or you become a troublemaker. The necessary “amenities” are for the uninformed and not functional (ie: washers and dryers).

If you are reading this review, let's gather up the bad and begin a class action suit. This place is horribly run, has terrible communication and they use deception and threats in lease agreements; you cannot find who truly manages the place; they're all in hiding.

"The unprofessional and untrained YOUNG uneducated staff at the Regency, hide behind their technology and only come up for air when they need money or to threaten to get money or attempt to steal money.If you don’t give them what they want, they send threatening emails and contact people who have no business in your business."

I don't work here but, I do have an issue with this area of the comment. You are upset and I get it.

That is a frustrating situation. However, there is nothing wrong with being "YOUNG." I graduated college at twenty-one and I got a lot more judgment for being young. They gave me examples of situations. Basically, it is saying, "you may be competent but, that doesn't matter because you are younger than us." You group them together and assume that it's their fault.

What about training? Maybe they are poorly trained. Clearly, they aren't uneducated if they are working on a degree.

I am just saying that age has nothing to do with it. If they ARE terrible people, then that is not directly related to their ages.

How about work environment, the culture of the workplace, training and employee expectations?

@Anonymous

I think we should as many people as possible to gather together and sue them!

I would love to be part the suit!!! They are horrible!

It's seems that all of this bad publicity doesn't do anything!!

They do not care. I wish I had never sent my student there.

Poor customer service
Review #602522 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer602522.

Regency Student Housing - Tv Review from Denver, Colorado

Customer service is our top priority and we don’t want anyone to be unhappy with the experience they had while living with us. Please contact us to provide details so we can try to resolve the problem.

I live here now and for the two months here i recommend no one to be here !!!!! Me and 6 other residents are planning to dip on this dumb hole asap when our lease is up!!!

They trap you in fines and weird complaints ! I purposely leave my tv on and go to the Villas for a few hours and come back and the tv is off ! I live ALONE dont invade my *** and think its okay because i will blow up on the staff ! Which i may do tomorrow morning !!

They use us for money when we struggle as it is in School !! Like really we cant afford books but you want us to afford a fine for something we never did ! I cant stress enough how ignorant and rude staff is ! That *** Leset That *** boy Garrett and Zach ...

I just pretty much got played for my first year in college !

Lesson Learned dont waste your time and fall in debt .... Ohhh and i personally think they want us to shake our *** and sell our stuff sooo we can pay rent!!!

Review #546975 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer546975.

Regency Student Housing

It is unfortunate that you feel this way, but because of the anonymous nature of this comment we don’t have any way to address comments or concerns. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us directly.

DO NOT MOVE INTO THE REGENCY STUDENT HOUSING. I have been living at the regency student housing for a year now.

Previous staff members still have master key card and master keys to enter the rooms. Since I have lived here I know of three people's rooms who got broken into while the residents were sleeping and had multiple things stolen from them. The person who broke in was a former employee. The regency only cares about making money and will give fees for things that are not your fault.

The staff is unprofessional and rude. Do not move into the student housing.

Review #542385 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer542385.

Regency Student Housing - Breach of Lease Agreement

We strive to provide excellent customer service, but don’t have a way to contact you about your situation. Please call us when you have a chance.

Staying at the regency for not even three months and a female with a master key card tried to enter the premises among other employees trying to enter. I feel unsafe even a dead bolt doesn't help.

I pay $650 a month for a room the size of a jail cell. It is ridiculous. It is uncleanly, run down, and they do shoddy repair.

I have numerous time smelled marijuana in the hall way and seen dirty panties strewn about. They didn't even fix my water that was running so cold it took forty five minutes to heat up.

#1020900

When is the cancelation date for the contract, I keep trying to get out of it because it cost a lot for a small run down place ???

Denver, Colorado, United States #850625

Dearest Unhappy Anonymous Resident,

There are some comments in your complaint that we can only help you with if you travel through the proper channels and put in a maintenance request. I do apologize about the water situation and ask that you be patient as the building is old but if you put in a request and label it as high priority we will attend to it within the hour.

As far as the undergarments and smell of marijuana I can only say that your peers can be held accountable for both of those and my RA, ARD and RD staff can only do so much before they lose their foothold and power. Although I would love to say our system is perfect it is not, here at the Regency we strive for community, students success, and safety.

If you have any recommendations on how to improve please come by my office anytime.

Loss
Review #508231 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer508231.

Regency Student Housing - Beware of the regency

DO NOT LEASE AT THE REGENCY STUDENT HOUSING.

If you are a parent and you want your children to be happy look at all of the reviews. Don't look at the good ones. The regency bribes people with free tickets to put a good review on Google. They do not care about the happiness or safety of your child. They only care about money and will lie to you to get it. The tours will show you all of the good things here...the model room...in reality the model room is super nice compared to the room that they will put you in. They treat their employees like *** and the people that work at the desk will even tell you how terrible of a place this is if you just ask them. The CAs will lie on tours to get you to sign a lease because if you sign they get money. The food here is absolute ***. The RD Ezekiel tries to get people in trouble when he has smoked with residents and provided underage residents with alcohol. He tried to bust a party and no one took him seriously because of how he acts. He is also really creepy and would always flirt with one of my friends. It was not professional at all. He made me feel super uncomfortable. I wanted to fill out this thing called an incident report but i heard Ezekiel saw them so i didnt. I didnt want him to know that he was creeping me out.

Everything breaks, the wifi only work like 20% of the time. Read the lease carefully. Their only goal is to take your money. Thats it. A lot of the things they do are illegal, but the owners have so much money and power that they can get away with it.

QUIT LEASING HERE. QUIT GIVING THEM THE POWER AND THE MONEY.

Everyone that works here is somehow related to the owners...the videos on youtube are all fake.

rr407r

This is an informative post. Just in case you need rental agreement, I found blank form here http://goo.gl/C0pqmG. This site also has some tutorials on how to fill it out and a few blank real estate forms.

Denver, Colorado, United States #850631

Dear review #475625 by anonymous,

Thank you for staying with us at the Regency I would like to respond to your complaint and let the people reading it know that although it is the opinion of 1 person there are some inaccuracies that reflect poorly on many and are incorrect.

You are correct that the model room is "nicer" and for a couple $100 and a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond, who stages our model room, your room can look just as nice. As to your comment, "...in reality the model room is super nice compared to the room that they will put you in.", I have 44 units and 88 residents EVERY YEAR that live in units that look just like the model room view and all (minus the decor) and these residents are always very pleased.

I have another 70+ residents in the Tower who's room have a glorious city scape view and 70+ who face directly west to see the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

As to our employees I am happy to report that our NEW Resident Assistants staff is so excited to start the school year off right to help all their residents be happy, healthy, successful students! We have 11 Residents assistants, 1 RD AJ Clark and 2 ARD's Zach and Teresa! Although the RAs do write our Incident Reports they get digitally delivered right to management 24hrs a day and 7 days a week so be assured these are not viewed and/or assessed by our student staff.

I can assure you that we always have and always will be in 100% compliance with our leases and the resident/rental laws in the State of Colorado.

I appreciate the comments and feedback and as you can see many of the issues you brought to light have been addressed and dealt with. I know you have since moved out but if you have any other suggestions on how to make The Regency a better place I would like to sit down and talk with you.

Not as described
Review #475625 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer475625.

Regency Student Housing - The Regency is a joke...

We would like to talk to you further about your situation but because this was an anonymous review we don’t have a way to look into the details or contact you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Lost thousands

OMG,I'm so HAPPY my lease was up last month and THANK GOD I'm free from that *** HOLE... Please, please take it from me DON'T LEASE from The Regency or should I say DON'T lease from THE WORSE WHAT THEY THINK IS a STUDENT housing place to live.

IT's HOUSING JAIL!!!!! IT SUCKS....

Oh ya, 1 more thing the people who work at The Regency are the ones who are writing the good reviews!!! One of the student workers told me they were told they had to give a positive review!!!

lol

The people who run the place i think are all in college!! Or they act like they are.

FIRST OF ALL, THE GOOD REVIEWS, WERE WRITTEN BY STAFF. i know for a fact that the regency management forced staff to write good reviews to off set the bad reviews.

I lived here for a full year from july 2011-july 2012, I was not staff. The place itself is a run down old crappy hotel that was remodled in the areas that people of on the tours. If you really got to look around, you would be horrified at what you see. I know in a stairwell, the concrete ceiling is being held in place by a doorstop, the video of it is on youtube.

Where too start... lol food: is awful, is good for the first month, but after that the "main course" becomes salads and other worthlessness and I lived off chicken nuggets and pasta. The cafeteria (atrium) closes as soon as school lets out, so your stuck with your mini fridge and microwave with only a bathroom sink for dishes. The rooms are tiny and mine had mold.

the views are awful unless your in the tower. mine was i-25 then i moved rooms and the view became a warehouse. the walls and windows are paper thin so you constantly hear i-25, people having regular conversations and loud sex lol. the staff will fine you for ANYTHING possible.

we were given a warning to shut down a get together we were having in a room...at 11pm...a hour before quiet hours...before we would all be fined. no alcohol or drugs were at the party. the halls either smell like ***, or puke (once puke was in a main corridor for 4 days before being cleaned. the area around the reg is complete *** and fairly unsafe.

id say 90% of staff hate working there with a few exceptions (the ones that like it, all seem to be the management tattletales and errand boys/girls, weird huh?). The price is also redic, for 600$ a month you can get a nice apartment with a full kitchen.

Paying 9$ a mean for usually chicken nuggets or cereal is terrible. I'd never ever recommend it here.

View more comments
Review #234809 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Regency - Great dorm style living for college students

We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear that your experience has been good. Thank you for your review!

Living at the Regency has been a great experience. When deciding where to attend college I looked at many different schools and dorms and must say the Regency is a great choice.

The Regency has many luxuries that make it more like living in an apartment than in a dorm. My favorite would have to be the swimming pool. None of the other dorms I visited when looking at schools had pools in them! I also love the fact that there is a convenience store located in the building, as well as a huge gym. Its almost like a one stop shop for all of your needs.

They do require you to have a meal plan there which not everyone likes, but this is something that is required at all dorms in all schools so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I chose the Regency because it was a chance to get a "college dorm" experience while being able to attend school and have access to downtown Denver at the same time. Its like having the best of both worlds. I would definitely recommend it to students planning to move out for the first time. It is much easier and more convenient than moving into an apartment while attending school.

Denver, Colorado, United States #673840

The Regency is awful. I have had many friends who had bad experiences there (I avoided most of the negative thank God) such as having the management try to charge them more than initially agreed upon, or having them go into your room and move all your stuff while you're not there, or even remove things from your room without your knowledge or consent.

Yes all this complains that people said is true special when the regency wants to charge u with the late fees and try to find u galty if something happen with the room or any other thing they find they will try to get ur money another thing u should ask sbout the menu for the buffet they have because on weekends the food is really bad and they dont open all year around so if u. Stay for the summer u will have to buy ur own food and they dont open the pool until may almost when its time finish the contract and most student leave so u really cant use it.

And for the parent be aware that they let the kids smoke and drink. U can always smell those hallways to mariguana even if they say u cant they wont say nothing and later charge u so the can get money.

This is not a good place for a good student check vey good before u sing!!!!!! :eek
View more comments
Review #234299 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer234299.

Regency Student Housing - Best college experience.

Thank you for your great review, we work hard and appreciate you taking the time to speak of us in such a positive manner.
casa1014

This is a great place to live and I have met so many cool people. The Regency offers so many amenities that other student housing places don't. I mean what more could you ask for! They have a theater, fitness center, game room, basketball court, bowling alley and an awesome dining hall. The food is all you can eat and you can make your food the way you want it.

I was worried about moving out. I have heard that they charge you a lot of money if everything isn't spotlessly clean. However, they didn't charge me anything because I kept everything clean and picked up after myself. Obviously the place needs to be clean and in good condition to not be charged. That's like any place you rent from.

I highly recommend this place for any college student! You'll have the best college experience.

View more comments
Review #232285 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Lovin' The Regency

I've been living at the regency for a few months now, and all I can say is I'm lovin' it!! The staff has been great, they are really helpful and keep coming up with new and fun activities for us.

The food in the dining hall is better than I expected, it's not a five star restaurant, but it's way better than my cooking, not to mention a lot cheaper than eating out.

With all the amenities available my friends and I have never had a dull night. Between the game room, amphitheatre, computer lab and basketball courts/fitness room we always have something to keep us busy and entertained.

My room is great, and only having to share the bathroom with one other person, my roommate, is awesome. And we were able to decorate our room the way we wanted, and it really helps make it feel like home.

The Regency is letting me truely live a college life and get all the experiences and memories I imagined I would.

Clearly a fake review by staff!

(gotta love the way they always mention the 'amenities')

Can you say...transparent!!!?

FAAAAAAAAKE :(
FAAAAAAAAKE :(
View more comments
Review #231677 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer231677.