Parents Beware The Regency Student Housing.

Customer service is our top priority and we don’t want anyone to be unhappy with the experience they had while living with us. Please contact us to provide details so we can try to resolve the problem.
Lisa Egger

All the complaints you have read are true and more.The Regency will take advantage of you in every possible way, using their bullet-proof lease contract. It will leave you feeling helpless.

Beware the hidden agenda that lies within this lengthly contract. The staff including Lee Ann, Gaby Sosa, and Torry, the General Manager are rude and arrogant, uncompromising, and they lie. The Regency gets away with these business practices because we let them. They will charge you with violations you can't prove and late fees that are over the top.

If anyone else feel this way, I would like expose this place for what it is. Respond to Lisa@Eggerinc.com

I would also know how to fight them. Seems like because you signed the very long contract there is no way out!!!

Parent beware!!

Read the fine print. That is all the court looks at!

How do we get a group together to fight them ?

View more comments
Review #208601 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Screwed us on cost for petty cleaning and painting charges

Unfortunately with an anonymous review we don’t have the ability to look into the details or contact you about your situation. Please contact us as soon as you have time
BobD

I'd avoid this place if you have a choice. It is overpriced and is often loud with roudy kids partying to hours of the night. It is also right off the main interstate that goes north and south through Denver.

When checking out of your room a resident assistant was present for check out and even though they ok'd the room, management later came back with a $70 charge for some very petty stuff (like touch-up paint and supposedly some cleaning) and charged for it. When I called to dispute the bill, the corporate answer was that the residents had a choice to have management or maint. there when checking out which at the time was like pulling teeth. I'd just avoid the place and go to a competitor.

They are still having the same types of issues in 2015!!

I'm ready to take a ride to Denver to go in front of the court, hoping it will make a difference!!!

Denver, Colorado, United States #729868

Horrible!!! Do not stay at this place! My daughter lived there from 2009 to 2010 and she paid everything up front with her financial aid money. They are now coming to her in 2013 and stated that she owes them $3900 for unpaid rent, meal plan, and other charges! We now have a court date on December 2, 2013 in Denver County! If anyone would like to testify that this place screwed them over let me know!

I would like to file a class action lawsuit against them! Cotnact me at foccus4@gmail.com

My daughter's dorm faced I25 and her window's were shot out and other tennants windows were shot out and they did not replace the windows for several months! It was winter and freezing in my daughter's room!

Please contact me to file a class action suit against these crooks!

Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States #749839
@Foccus4

I am all in for a class action lawsuit. This place is unethical, doesn't respond to issues and won't even let kids out of the lease with a medical report and doctor's letter.

I have tried to get a response and they continue to blow me off. There is so much illegal and underage alcohol and drug consumption there it's scary. I experienced it first hand with kids exhaling in my face when I walked into the vestibule of the property.

I have asked for a buyout of the lease and they won't even return my emails or calls. Cannot believe they now have an athletic facility named after them.

View more comments
Review #205472 is a subjective opinion of poster.

The Regency Student Housing

Thank you for brining this to our attention, it is unfortuante that you were not happy with your stay at the Regency. We are student housing so our units do not have kitchens or the room amenities of a hotel. Had you let us know of your specific needs prior to your lease signing we could have pointed you in the direction of a facility that would have better met your needs. If we can be of any help in the future please contact us directly.

The Regency Student Housing

Denver, Colorado

My name is Cody Parker. I am an undergraduate from the University of Tennessee. I recently spent the summer doing an internship in Denver, Colorado. Because of the distance that was between Tennessee and Colorado I had to have a place to live before I got there. The only place to offer a three-month lease was The Regency Student housing. Upon arrival I was placed on the bottom floor where the only view I had was a dumpster and a warehouse, not to mention there was an entire tower with empty rooms that had a great view of downtown Denver. The Regency also makes you pay all of your lease agreement upfront if you are living there for the summer, but they still charge you for a $175 credit check. It's not feasible to require somebody to pay for a credit check when you are paying them upfront. My room was consistent with living in a box with nothing but a bed, a desk, and a dresser, yet I was charged $2300. There was nowhere to cook or store food and I had to pay extra to do my laundry. Probably the most interesting part of living there is the drug problem that exists. This "student housing" complex is constantly filled with individuals who do not resemble that of a student at all. The hallways always have a distinct essence of marijuana. I witnessed people smoking it outside on the patio and in the halls while management did nothing to prevent it. This is illegal for non- prescription individuals and on top of that it is illegal for prescription holders to distribute what is prescribed to them. It also creates an unsafe environment for those not involved in the drugs. The Regency has a very strict and confusing move out policy. They will charge you large amounts of money to "clean" your dorm if you leave it "dirty." I was charged for a bathroom cleaning fee and a "stain" on my mattress. The stain wasn't there when I left, but it appeared suddenly and they now have an alleged picture of it. I cleaned the place myself and they charged me a total of $70 after I had left. I asked if an associate could check my room so I wouldn't get charged, but they are not "trained" to tell me that. I once asked if I could borrow a plunger and was rudely told that it was not their responsibility to provide me with cleaning supplies. I have been taken advantage of in more than one way. I feel that this is large in part of the fact that I am not in Denver to defend myself. The Regency in general is a scam and will take advantage of any young college student that they can.

Beware beware beware...this place will suck everything you have. We thought we're done with this nightmare after my son checked out from his room, we're wrong.

This nightmare still hunting us. We are still getting bills from that place.

Parents, go somewhere else. Stay away from this place.

I have a daughter that has lived in the Regency for two years now while attending college in downtown Denver. I am very pleased with the safe environment that the Regency provides to college students.

I also like that she doesn't have to try driving in Denver because they have a shuttle bus she can ride to school. The Regency is a great place for college students i highly recommend it to others.

SUCH A *** HOLE!

I'd avoid this place if you have a choice. It is often loud with roudy kids into all hours.

When you check out of your room make sure that you ask for a manager or one of their maintenance people. Don't just settle for a resident assistant to check the room out because what happens is they will find some petty stuff wrong and then charge you for it.

:sigh

Everything Cody says is true. I have a daughter living at Regency now and we are experiencing it first hand.

This place is not where you want your kids to live. If you are thinking about sending your kids here, take advice from a Mom, go elsewhere. The people running this housing facility don't care about you or your child. They just want your money.

My daughter tells the sames stories about the wierd kids, drugs, hallways, etc.. She comes home every weekend. Unfortunately we signed a 12 month lease.

Ugh!! We have been bombarded with hidden fees and we haven't even tried moved yet!!

You are absolutely right! These people are taking advantage of you because you are a college student AND you are no longer in Colorado where you can face these idiots.

I live in a college town (actually a rival of UT but that doesn't matter right now). I know for a fact that apartment companies here don't give a rip about these kids and it is so unfair.

Hopefully your post will help out another student in the future. I hate that you had to go through this.

View more comments
Review #175834 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer175834.