Regency Student Housing - Enjoyable Student Living

Definitely the best student housing available in Denver. Lots of options make it easy to find something that works, and the staff is always available to help with any issues that can arise. One of the best parts is that the parking is free and they have a shuttle to campus.

I have lived here for just short of two years, and have had no issues with anything. The food in the kitchen is great, but the villas option allows you to also have your own kitchen if you want to cook your won meals instead.

While almost everyone who goes to college will eventually want to have their own place, when starting out the Regency is a great place to meet people, and attend classes conveniently on the shuttle, without paying an exorbitant amount.

Good customer service
Review #893646 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Helpful Staff

The management at the Regency has been so helpful from the first day I moved in as a freshman. Katie in leasing and David have been so helpful with any problems I've ever had.

The student life isn't traditional, but they do their best to have different activities to allow us all to socialize. It's definitely been quite the experience and I've made so many great memories living at the regency.

Good customer service
Review #893647 is a subjective opinion of poster.
5.0

Regency Student Housing in Denver, Colorado - Great Place to Live

As management of Regency Student Housing Community we wanted to respond to the reviews on this site.

We were able to investigate most of these reviews and confirmed they involve tenants which defaulted on their lease, had serious lease violations, and/or wanted to break a signed lease agreement. While it is unfortunate that this forum was the choice in venting their anger, we stand behind the quality and value of our community. In the last 11 years we have had approximately 10,000 college students live at the Regency. These reviews represent only a handful of our residents through all these years. We strive to do our best in pleasing everyone but it is not always possible for everyone to be happy with a given outcome.

As a business we always want to improve and provide the best quality living experience for our student residents, at the most affordable price possible.

Regency Management

Lakewood, Colorado, United States #1197900

I wrote the review "Don't send your child to live at the Regency." We met none of the bad tenant qualities as listed above. Today, Aug.

11 (not prior to June 7 when this review was written and claimed to have contacted most of the negative reviewers on the site) I received an email that the Regency would like to discuss my concerns.

After the way their staff and staff of businesses that they work with (the tow truck company) treated me, with such disrespect and disregard, I can't imagine much can be done to remedy the situation aside from The Regency reimbursing me for the towing fees as well as for my time missed at work, in addition to a hearty apology. All of which I doubt are forthcoming.

I am a professional, educated adult who is well-respected among my peers and colleagues. To be treated the way I was by Wayne, and then by subsequent staff, was embarrassing, demeaning, and totally out of the realm of professional behavior.

I rarely lose my temper, but I was pushed well past that point by the behavior of this staff.

In addition, when I mentioned to Wayne that there were many, many negative reviews online, he smugly informed me that they do not read nor care about negative reviews, so in the very least I'm happy to see that someone there is starting to take customer service seriously, and hopefully conditions will improve.

@Anonymous

I should’ve checked the reviews before signing the lease!! Nobody is happy about this place. Thank for your poster

Regency
Good quality
Review #878578 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Don't send your child to live at the Regency!

We would like to talk to you further about your situation but because this was an anonymous review we don’t have a way to look into the details or contact you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
madmama99
1.6

Please, please, please do not send your child to what is nothing more than a slum lord that has found a way to charge exorbitant fees for minor infractions against college students that do not have money.

My son's parking pass, which was nothing more than a sticker that could not be permanently attached to the dash without ruining the covering, had fallen on the floorboard. It was face up and clearly visible. Instead of a warning, Regency towed my son's car. $250 later, I tried to speak with the Regency, only to be treated condescendingly by their on-site manager, Wayne. Wayne would not allow me to finish a sentence. Wayne showed no compassion to the fact that with no warning, a 17-year old child had to have his mother take a half-day off work to take care of a situation that could have been easily avoided had the Regency given him the courtesy of a warning prior to towing his car. Wayne stated that he had already dealt with three irate parents today about towing, and yet had no qualms about the fact that they allowing a towing company to get rich off of college students. Or more accurately, college student's parents, parents who are already paying for their children's education and most likely do not have an extra $250 and a half day off work because a parking pass fell on the floorboard.

The car towing aside, the buildings are dirty, the hallways stink, the bathrooms are not able to be cleaned to the point of looking presentable as they are in such poor general condition. Obviously the fees they are charging for every little thing are not going to the upkeep of the building. Instead of paying money to a private entity who is obviously looking for a way to have deeper pocketed parents bail their children's cars out of impound, PLEASE JUST RENT AN APARTMENT FOR YOUR CHILD.

The Regency is unconscionable in their business practices. It is one thing to run a slum for adults, but these are children who are looking forward to their first times away from home, only to be treated as ATMs by Regency. I have never, ever, lived in a place that charged fees even close to what the Regency charges, please don't make the same mistake and go broke like I did, just find another place for your child.

Yeah Wayne is a Joke, just recently hired over student life division for the regency.

me and my roommates were charged 250 a piece back in January because Wayne came over for a noise complaint but said our commons area smelled like *** but had no proof. Mind you i was at work 8-5 that day i told Wayne over the phone to prove our Villa smelled like *** and to bring David " general management" with him all in the same day never happened.

Over the Phone Wayne even tried cutting me a deal. stating that if i snitch one of my roommates out he'll drop the charge from my account i declined. The next deal he presented to all of us "my roommates" if one person just takes the fall we can just split the 250 three ways.

i declined i want my justice

I had my mother , my guarantor call up to management so i could get help every staff member is very rude for no reason because they're dirty and they know it.

side note: I thought dogs , were not allowed in the regency but i see everyone with one even the ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER DAVID. He lives within the Villas.

View more comments
Bad quality
Review #840243 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Customer Care Review from Denver, Colorado

It is unfortunate that you feel this way and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please contact us directly.

Literally the worst place to live ever. I had a great experience last year with the old staff but this years management has been the rudest staff I've ever had the misfortune of working with.

Will *** out of your money guaranteed. DO NOT LIVE HERE.

Poor customer service
Review #840218 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer840218.

Regency Student Housing Villas At The Regency Apartment Rental Review from Albuquerque, New Mexico

We strive to provide excellent customer service, but don’t have a way to contact you about your situation. Please call us when you have a chance.

This place is so corrupt and awful it would be hard to convey everything here. I will mention the big stuff:

When our son wanted to go to CU Denver, we eventually found Regency at the Villas thinking it was a fairly manageable price and situation for him.

What we didn't know was that we would then be treated completely unprofessionally, experience corruption, lies, thieving, misrepresentation, hear all kinds of horror stories about other students' experiences. Upon move in, the place was filthy. The toilets were soiled and had "hairs" on them. Try talking to someone?

Anyone? Yes, you can talk to some student the so called managers have put in charge. That's like just screaming lost in a canyon somewhere. Totally futile.

"RA's" are allowed to storm into rooms when they please if a new roommate is coming in and my son had personal items missing immediately after. Talk to someone? Sure, another one of the clueless students put in charge. My son made a police report after nearly $10,000.

Was then spent on his credit card soon after the RA visit. (Still under investigation.)

If you want your student to receive their mail, better register and or track with a signed receipt or chances are he/she will never get it.

Even then it can be a fight to get it from them. Bottom line, this place should have a class action lawsuit filed against them and have the living *** sued out of them.

Review #839769 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer839769.

Regency Student Housing - Bad Review from Aurora, Colorado

It is unfortunate that you feel this way we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please contact us directly.

How can we all get together and Sue these people??

Review #835347 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer835347.

Regency Student Housing Leasing Review from Denver, Colorado

Customer service is our top priority and we don’t want anyone to be unhappy with the experience they had while living with us. Please contact us to provide details so we can try to resolve the problem.

This place is horrible they will kick out your guest if they stay 5 minutes without checking in i have had 2 random room checks

Poor customer service
Review #820075 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer820075.

Regency Student Housing - DO NOT MOVE

It is unfortunate the you had an issue with missing packages. The Regency has no control over the post office or any delivery services and we would have to direct you to the delivery company to address any missing items. If you had a room issue we would be happy to discuss this with you further please contact us direclty.

Please whatever you do please do not live here. Not only have half of my packages got stolen or lost the management wont do anything.

I got stuck in a room that did not look like what they sowed me, our windows are 1/3 of the size, its filled with spiders and our heat did not work for three months.

Its not the fault of the RA's or the food staff it is the management that has caused this such a *** show. Please just do not move here.

Poor customer service
Review #811135 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer811135.

Regency Student Housing - This Place Sucks

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All lease charges are covered in the lease you signed and tenants are encouraged to read the lease prior to signing and have an attorney review as well. If we can be of any assistance or you would like to discuss this further please contact us directly.
Moorea

This apartment complex is a literal *** hole. The only reason I had decided to stay here for my second year of college is because I was a broke college student and they had the cheapest rent. I wish I would've gone back to campus village or the lofts. There has been one reported shooting, possibly two shootings since I have lived here for a semester. They require a meal plan that is a ton of money. The cheapest one is about $1,000.00. Rent for a one small bedroom is $650.00, which isn't bad, but they add up random and probably illegal charges all the time. For example, they have charged me twice for losing a key, but the third time I was told that they aren't supposed to charge me for losing a key and getting a new one and then gave it to me for free. Then the next month, another charge for a key was on my account when I hadn't even lost another key! Also, recently when I had paid for the meal plan, I wasn't able to use it for an entire week because "I wasn't in their system", and they had to re add me. I had already been living there and paying rent for an entire semester!

Also, the lease clearly states that they must have security. After the first shooting had occurred, the students found out that most of the security cameras didn't even work, and my roommate said she saw one security guard for one day. We haven't seen anything since.

The RA's last semester all quit after a few months because they said they were treated so poorly by management. They weren't allowed to do homework during their nightshifts after they were already told they could, and they never got time off either.

This place is the worst possible idea for a college student, or anyone for that matter. I would suggest going to the Auraria lofts. Do not go to campus village either if you can help it. Campus Village ripped my entire class of 2018 off when we were freshman because they were illegally charging us $1094.00

I liked
Free bus to campus
I didn’t like
Misleading and unhelpful, Rude staff, Policies
Preferred solution
Either close this place down to get new management.
Review #779228 is a subjective opinion of poster.