Show reviews that mention
regency student place room college lease staff money management people
Filter review
Most helpful review

Regency Student Housing - Roomate has cats

Can I end my lease if my roommate has cats in our room illegally and I never agreed to it. I have contacted the manager SEVERAL times over the last month and have gotten no response.
ID
Pros
  • Free bus to campus
Cons
  • Management
Roomate has cats illegally
Let me out of my lease

Regency Student Housing - Awful wifi connection

3.9
The wifi in the North hall is awful, It says I am connected but doesnt load anything. My laptop needed to be loaded again every 15 minutes on netflix to load things and I am worried about how I will do schoolwork with this wifi.
Campion, Colorado
Bad quality

Regency Student Housing - Negative 5 stars. DO NOT LIVE HERE.

1.6
Here's my rundown of The Regency - I've been here for a year and a half 1) Attempted carjacking in "secure" parking lot, had to replace the steering column. The Regency couldn't even bother to give me a COURTESY EMAIL after reviewing (useless) security footage. The cop who helped me out was great, very professional. There are some police buildings a couple blocks away - it's a matter of WHEN, not IF you'll be calling them. 2) License plate stolen. After the first incident, I thought they might figure out some customer service. No. 3) Screaming, unhinged next door neighbor who management refused to do anything about 4) Hot water off for two days straight. Lazy status updates. 5) Washing machines and dryers break down weekly, at the least. 6) Eye-rolling, passive-aggressive, unfriendly desk staff, except for a few good apples. 7) Questionable driving from one bus driver. I'll be walking from now on. 8) Food's so bad you're better off eating frozen TV dinners from walmart. 9) Meal plan payment fiasco when I first moved in, handled poorly by everyone involved. 10) Overall, The Regency excels at incompetence in every way. I'm only still here because I secured 775 a month for a studio apartment. They're jacking it up every semester so now the price isn't even a benefit. Counting the seconds until I'm out of this hellhole.

Regency Student Housing - Activities & Neighboors

3.5
There are a couple things that could be improved at the regency. I pay money to live here to enjoy the college life like everyone else. First of all, the events they advertise during the week are usually fulfilled with something else. Tuesday nights are bowling and I look forward to getting out of my room, but unfortunately bowling no longer exists because they do meetings on Tuesday's night. I was very emotional upset when I was told this. As a college student I pay to get away from my parents and let loose. However my neighbors complained on me multiple times around 9 o'clock when the curfew is 11. I actually ran into the other roommate tonight and had a hear to heart with her. She told us multiple stories where her roommate has crossed the line. She told us she wants her to leave and I think that's only far. Her roommate has harassed her and done outrageous things like putting tap down the middle of her room. I am at witness for her as well

cool site

Denver, Colorado
Pros
  • Rail
  • Free bus to campus
  • Room size
Cons
  • Misleading and unhelpful
  • Atrium
  • Bus schedule is inaccurate
roomates and activites
Regency Student Housing's reply to:

Regency Student Housing - My daughter had a good experience here!

Thank you for the positive remarks, we love to hear that our staffs hard work is resulting in the residents receiving a positive experience. If you or your daughter have any questions or future needs please continue to contact our staff.
4.7

We read a lot of reviews AFTER we had signed a lease. I was very worried about sending my daughter to live here, BUT our experience here was very good.

We photographed and documented any damage to her room upon move in. The move in process was very welcoming and organized. All emails to staff were promptly answered. She had no trouble with the payment portal to pay her rent.

We arranged for a walk through upon move out, and her entire secutity deposit was returned. All in all a great experience!

Regency Student Housing - Decent experience

I've been here for more than a year, and I've had a decent experience. There have been alot of good changes in the past year alone with the staff, the amenities, and the events that the RA staff runs. It's a convenient place to live, the price is fair for what it offers this far close to downtown. The building is a bit retro in it's interior, but there is alot of lounging space around the tower region. The RA staff has been very friendly and helpful, so I have no complaints in their customer service at all. The Wifi could be better, however as long as you have an ethernet chord for your computer the internet runs at a good speed for entertainment and work. Food has dramatically improved in the last 3 months, and the variety of options are good. The Rail has good friendly staff and a good selection of goods. Ivan and Sage have also been really helpful whenever I have any questions or issues, and they seem to be able to handle them quite professionally.
ID
#1196924 Review #1196924 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Regency Student Housing Customer Care

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection
  • Verified content

Regency Student Housing's reply to:

Regency Student Housing - Horrible Management!

Hi Zach! I can understand that you are frustrated and given the conversations you had with two of our managers, the information you supplied is simply not fact based.

As discussed with you on more than one occasion, your renewal contract was denied due to behavioral patterns at our community. Management discussed that returning to the community is not allowed for anyone in these circumstances and given we have recent video surveillance with you involved in further community violations we are confident the right decision was made.

If you have questions please contact us directly at gm@regencystudenthousing.com. We truly do wish you the best moving forward.

Best,
Regency Student Housing Manager
Cons
  • Management
Issues with the Manager David
1.5

I've never got in trouble, never got noise complaints, or even a warning in my time living there. In early August, I wanted to go resign my lease and i emailed David(The Manager) letting him know that I wanted to resign.

with no warning what so ever, he denied me from resigning my lease. This was less than 3 weeks before I had to resign and it left me in a position where I could of been homeless.

I asked why I couldn't resign my lease and gave me no reason at all. This felt very discriminating and unfair too me as a student that attended school, that didn't get in trouble, and that minded his business.

Regency Student Housing - Customer Care Review

We can understand your frustration given the nature of your concerns. As the member of the Management Team that has most recently communicated with you, I am happy to hear that we have found a positive resolution once we were able to speak.

This truly was a unique situation based on how the Renewal Contract was completed and that communication did not take place until 60 days after the signature. Although David did provide the accurate cancellation amount according to our Lease Contract and business policies, I am confident that after you and I speaking about the details further that the re-let cancellation option is better suited your situation.

Relating to the parking aspect of your concerns, the $275 you are referencing is paid to a 3rd party towing company and does not result in us profiting in anyway. We have taken extra steps in the vehicle registration form to outline that the parking pass is the sole way to identify that a student is in fact a resident and that the registry is not used by the outside towing company. As we have only a few towing concerns each year we have found that this is a positive solution for the majority of our residents and we are happy to consider alternative solutions in the coming years. After discussing your concerns further, I am pleased to say that we have taken a new approach to the towing procedures that will begin in Fall of 2017 as a response to your unique situation. Although it is not the majority of the circumstances our team felt an updated procedure would benefit our future residents.

As a community that renews at nearly twice the number of students as our competitors, I truly feel this negative experience is not common and I am happy to know after our discussions that we were able to find a mutual understanding relating to your concerns.

As always, please contact me if you have any further questions!
Problems with payment

Unbelievably horrible! For a facility that touts itself as student housing, they have no heart for student nor parent.

My son has had his car towed twice, once because the sticker had fallen off and then again the very day we had the windshield repaired and the forgot to put the sticker back on. They have their own lot on site and the cars are registered with the complex but still they charge an exorbitant fee of $275 for towing- there is no talking to anyone, nor do they answer their phones. However, this is not the best part. I inadvertently signed a lease, six months out for next year.

My son will not be attending there. When I tried to cancel 4 months out, which is when I got the first confirmation that I had signed the wrong lease, David Krandel, assistant leasing manager, informed me it would cost $2430 to cancel it!! I have begged repeatedly for him to reduce the exorbitant cost- he is unreachable by phone and although he kept insisting he would negotiate, it has been a joke. Many emails later, he finally gave me a negotiated bottom offer- over $1200 for a room he has four months to rent.

So, don't make a mistake!

The mistake would be putting your child in this facility in the first place. It has been a terrible experience for my son, I can't even go into all the reasons why- The bottom line is he hates it, and they have been awful from beginning to end- maintenance, move-in move out and any assistance with problems – no customer service and no one ever answers the phones and if they do they tell you whomever you're asking for is unavailable.

Resolved

Resolved: Regency Student Housing - Get it together Regency

Hello Chandler,
Thank you for letting us know about the issues you are experiencing with your WiFi. Our staff installed a new wireless router that has been tested and you should no longer be having a problem connecting to the internet. In the future you will get a faster response using the Maintenance Request form through your student portal. The Maintenance Requests are emailed to staff in real time.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
Regency Student Housing Wi-fi Facility
Pros
  • Bus
  • Space
  • Rates
Cons
  • Wifi
  • Staff
Wifi
4.3

Update by user Feb 02, 2017

Okay, I am actually really impressed with the Regency. They were very proactive in fixing my wifi situation and even put an individual router in my room which is amazing and so helpful.

Honestly feel really bad about my original review. Sorry Regency and Wayne for calling you all out, I know dealing with complaints is annoying so thanks for being patient with me and fixing the issue!

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2017

I am just absolutely so annoyed with the Regency right now. Does the Regency just not believe in wifi?

I have a single, in the North Hall and have been here since August. I had a friend who lived in the tower last year, and had a terrible time with the wifi as well. I spent my first semester having to keep my phone off while I used my computer or my tv because if too many devices were on, the wifi would drop. I could be just be trying to do my homework, which normally would take about 2-3 hours that turned into multiple HOURS of trying to get the wifi to connect.

Most of my school work is online, and there were many times where I would submit my work, and end up with zero's from my professors because the wifi would drop every time I tried to submit a paper or even just a simple assignment. I cant even watch my tv at night because there is NO CONNECTION EVER. It is really really frustrating being in college, in the dorms and you cant even live normally. I am aware that there are many other students besides me, which can make the connection slower, but there is no excuse when I have to spend hours more than I need out of my day to deal with this.

I submitted a review in the middle of the semester with my number attached and received a call from Wayne at the front, stating that they had just updated the wifi around the Regency; which made zero sense to me because I continued to have issues. He THEN thought it would be appropriate to tell me that I should go out and buy my own router. I actually thought he was kidding. Do you think as a college student, I would have the money to do that?

I already pay 650$ in rent to you all, I expect the wifi to work more than 25% of the time for the amount I pay AND especially since this is A STUDENT HOUSING community. Get it together Regency, this is super disappointing and I definitely will not be coming back next year.

Regency Student Housing - Wi-fi Facility Review from Denver, Colorado

The number of devices connected to the wireless network during peak times has dramatically increased over the last few years. In order to address this situation we have recently increased our bandwidth and added new wireless routers in order to improve wireless signals. We appreciate feedback about the network; it helps us improve the wireless infrastructure. Our hardwired internet runs much faster than the wireless because of the number of devices connected to the wireless network. So if possible you will receive faster Internet speeds if you are able to connect via Ethernet. If you are experiencing what you believe to be slower than normal Internet, please feel free to put in a maintenance request via the online student portal.

Our IT professional has been contacted to check on the wireless Internet in this room and area of the building.

The Regency has always had a policy where we will supply the ink for the computer lab and not the paper. This is due to the high amount of printing that students do and the cost associated with it. We do regularly check the computer lab to make sure the ink is stocked, and if it is not, we have backup ink on hand at all times.

If the computer lab is not stocked with ink or you are experiencing issues with the computer or printers in the computer lab, please see our Director of Student Life in the glass office on the first floor of The Regency. If it is not during business hours, you can reach him at studentlife@regencystudenthousing.com.

In the future the best way to let us know about these type of issues is to put in a maintenance request via the online student portal.

2.7

This is my second year at the Regency, and overall it has been great. My one major complaint that doesn't seem to be addressed each year, is the wifi.

I have been in the tower, and in the North Hall and both areas are equally as spotty and dysfunctional. Most, if not all of my school work requires some aspect if the internet. It has impacted my school work and grades tremendously. This is a living complex for students; there should be consistent wifi throughout the building.

Extremely frustrating! Another minor complaint would be that no one seems to attend to the computer and printer needs...ever. There is never paper in the printers, so was then forced to buy my own paper. The third time I went in there, there was no ink.

How are students supposed to get anything done here? However, besides those complaints, I find everything else to be up to par.

Contact Regency Student Housing Customer Service

3 reviews
1.8
Compare Regency Student Housing vs Brg Apartments

Regency Student Housing - Great Dorm Life

This is by far the best 'dorm life' I have had in all of my college experience. It doesn't feel like a dorm, its like my own apartment. Aside from meeting a lot of new people in the great weight room and basketball court I get to use, the food doesn't suck like every other other student housing I have lived in. There is always a variety of food in the atrium (cafeteria) and its nice having a convenience store right in my living place. The staff is friendly and available when you need them and the management is helpful as well. Aside from all the amenities I love my room, its a great size and I have lots of extra space, making more comfortable. If this is a housing place you are considering, I highly recommend it, it is the best experience I have had in student housing.
Good quality

Regency Student Housing - Enjoyable Student Living

Definitely the best student housing available in Denver. Lots of options make it easy to find something that works, and the staff is always available to help with any issues that can arise. One of the best parts is that the parking is free and they have a shuttle to campus. I have lived here for just short of two years, and have had no issues with anything. The food in the kitchen is great, but the villas option allows you to also have your own kitchen if you want to cook your won meals instead. While almost everyone who goes to college will eventually want to have their own place, when starting out the Regency is a great place to meet people, and attend classes conveniently on the shuttle, without paying an exorbitant amount.
Good customer service

Regency Student Housing - Helpful Staff

The management at the Regency has been so helpful from the first day I moved in as a freshman. Katie in leasing and David have been so helpful with any problems I've ever had. The student life isn't traditional, but they do their best to have different activities to allow us all to socialize. It's definitely been quite the experience and I've made so many great memories living at the regency.
Good customer service

Regency Student Housing - Great Place to Live

5.0
As management of Regency Student Housing Community we wanted to respond to the reviews on this site. We were able to investigate most of these reviews and confirmed they involve tenants which defaulted on their lease, had serious lease violations, and/or wanted to break a signed lease agreement. While it is unfortunate that this forum was the choice in venting their anger, we stand behind the quality and value of our community. In the last 11 years we have had approximately 10,000 college students live at the Regency. These reviews represent only a handful of our residents through all these years. We strive to do our best in pleasing everyone but it is not always possible for everyone to be happy with a given outcome. As a business we always want to improve and provide the best quality living experience for our student residents, at the most affordable price possible. Thank you for your understanding, Regency Management
#1197900

I wrote the review "Don't send your child to live at the Regency." We met none of the bad tenant qualities as listed above. Today, Aug.

11 (not prior to June 7 when this review was written and claimed to have contacted most of the negative reviewers on the site) I received an email that the Regency would like to discuss my concerns.

After the way their staff and staff of businesses that they work with (the tow truck company) treated me, with such disrespect and disregard, I can't imagine much can be done to remedy the situation aside from The Regency reimbursing me for the towing fees as well as for my time missed at work, in addition to a hearty apology. All of which I doubt are forthcoming.

I am a professional, educated adult who is well-respected among my peers and colleagues. To be treated the way I was by Wayne, and then by subsequent staff, was embarrassing, demeaning, and totally out of the realm of professional behavior.

I rarely lose my temper, but I was pushed well past that point by the behavior of this staff.

In addition, when I mentioned to Wayne that there were many, many negative reviews online, he smugly informed me that they do not read nor care about negative reviews, so in the very least I'm happy to see that someone there is starting to take customer service seriously, and hopefully conditions will improve.

@PissedConsumer1197900

I should’ve checked the reviews before signing the lease!! Nobody is happy about this place. Thank for your poster

View more comments (1)
Good quality
Regency Student Housing's reply to:

Regency Student Housing - Don't send your child to live at the Regency!

We would like to talk to you further about your situation but because this was an anonymous review we don’t have a way to look into the details or contact you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
1.7

Please, please, please do not send your child to what is nothing more than a slum lord that has found a way to charge exorbitant fees for minor infractions against college students that do not have money.

My son's parking pass, which was nothing more than a sticker that could not be permanently attached to the dash without ruining the covering, had fallen on the floorboard. It was face up and clearly visible. Instead of a warning, Regency towed my son's car. $250 later, I tried to speak with the Regency, only to be treated condescendingly by their on-site manager, Wayne. Wayne would not allow me to finish a sentence. Wayne showed no compassion to the fact that with no warning, a 17-year old child had to have his mother take a half-day off work to take care of a situation that could have been easily avoided had the Regency given him the courtesy of a warning prior to towing his car. Wayne stated that he had already dealt with three irate parents today about towing, and yet had no qualms about the fact that they allowing a towing company to get rich off of college students. Or more accurately, college student's parents, parents who are already paying for their children's education and most likely do not have an extra $250 and a half day off work because a parking pass fell on the floorboard.

The car towing aside, the buildings are dirty, the hallways stink, the bathrooms are not able to be cleaned to the point of looking presentable as they are in such poor general condition. Obviously the fees they are charging for every little thing are not going to the upkeep of the building. Instead of paying money to a private entity who is obviously looking for a way to have deeper pocketed parents bail their children's cars out of impound, PLEASE JUST RENT AN APARTMENT FOR YOUR CHILD.

The Regency is unconscionable in their business practices. It is one thing to run a slum for adults, but these are children who are looking forward to their first times away from home, only to be treated as ATMs by Regency. I have never, ever, lived in a place that charged fees even close to what the Regency charges, please don't make the same mistake and go broke like I did, just find another place for your child.

Yeah Wayne is a Joke, just recently hired over student life division for the regency.

me and my roommates were charged 250 a piece back in January because Wayne came over for a noise complaint but said our commons area smelled like *** but had no proof. Mind you i was at work 8-5 that day i told Wayne over the phone to prove our Villa smelled like *** and to bring David " general management" with him all in the same day never happened.

Over the Phone Wayne even tried cutting me a deal. stating that if i snitch one of my roommates out he'll drop the charge from my account i declined. The next deal he presented to all of us "my roommates" if one person just takes the fall we can just split the 250 three ways.

i declined i want my justice

I had my mother , my guarantor call up to management so i could get help every staff member is very rude for no reason because they're dirty and they know it.

side note: I thought dogs , were not allowed in the regency but i see everyone with one even the ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER DAVID. He lives within the Villas.

Regency Student Housing - Customer Care Review from Denver, Colorado

It is unfortunate that you feel this way and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please contact us directly.
Poor customer service

Literally the worst place to live ever. I had a great experience last year with the old staff but this years management has been the rudest staff I've ever had the misfortune of working with.

Will *** out of your money guaranteed. DO NOT LIVE HERE.