Regency Student Housing - ROOMMATE NOT ENROLLED IN COLLEGE

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rules and regulations are spelled out in the lease you signed. If you need a new copy of the lease or if you have any further questions please contact us directly.
BECKY2016
Ken Caryl, Colorado

I NEED TO GET CLARIFICATION ON RULES. MY SON IS IN A ROOM WITH A NON-ENROLLED STUDENT WHO STAYS UP ALL NIGHT PARTYING. THEY WON'T LET ME CHANGE ROOMS. IS IT LEGAL TO MAKE HIM STAY WITH A NON STUDENT WHO NEVER SLEEPS?

MANAGEMENT TELLS ME THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO MOVE MY SON IN WITH A SERIOUS STUDENT. MY SON WORKS AND GOES TO SCHOOL ONLY TO COME HOME TO LOUD MUSIC AND CONSTANT PARTYING. I'VE HAD IT. IM NOT WILLING TO CONTINUE TO PAY FOR THIS.

I didn’t like
Misleading and unhelpful, Rooming with an apparent non-student
Loss
Review #773982 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing

We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear that your experience has been good. Thank you for your review!
4.3

This is by far the best "dorm life" I have had in downtown.It doesn't feel like a dorm, its like my own apartment. Aside from meeting a lot of new people in the weight room and for pickup basketball games, the food doesn't suck like every other other student housing I have lived in.

There is always a variety of food in the atrium (cafeteria) and its nice having a convenience store right in my living place. The staff is friendly and available when you need them and the management is helpful as well.

Aside from all the amenities I love my room, its a great size and I have lots of extra space, making more comfortable. If this is a housing place you are considering, I highly recommend it, it is the best experience I have had in student housing and the rates downtown can't be beat.

I liked
Rates, Room size, Views, Free online payments, Free bus to campus
Good customer service
Review #754182 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer754182.

Regency Student Housing - RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THE REGENCY AS YOU CAN

Unfortunately with an anonymous review we don’t have the ability to look into the details or contact you about your situation. Please contact us as soon as you have time.
shannonmw72

This place is disgusting. It is a filthy run-down piece of junk.

My bathroom was so gross upon moving in that I had to wear shoes in my bathroom all the time in fear of catching some fungus from the bathroom floor. Even a bottle of bleach wouldn't fix it!! The staff is rude and have no clue what they are doing. They find bogus reasons to charge people money.

They claim you never return keys or parking permit and then charge you a ridiculous amount of money for them. When you ask for a copy of anything from your records, they say they will get it to you and they never do. When you call back and ask again they say the same thing. They claim to have security but the gate is always open and people just walk in and out from the street.

There is no security. I feel unsafe most of the time and I am always afraid that my car is going to get stolen or vandalized. They claim to have security cameras but when I asked to see a tape because someone damaged a decoration I had on my door they told me that they do not have any cameras.

If you are thinking about coming here or sending your college student to live here.....just turn around and run the other way as fast as you can.

Rude staff, Misleading and unhelpful
Not as described
Review #705887 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - DON'T DO IT

It is unfortunate that you feel this way, but because of the anonymous nature of this comment we don’t have any way to address comments or concerns. As for police matters, we always recommend residents call the police directly. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us directly.

Whatever you do...DO NOT SIGN A LEASE WITH THE REGENCY NOR THE VILLAS. The management here is HORRIBLE. They make people our age or even younger "RA'S" who literally walk into your rooms or apartments whenever they want.

They try to RIP You off IN EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE. The bowling ally is almost NEVER open. The gym equipment is all broken or about to. The swimming pool is disgusting as well the SUPER UNHEALTHY food. Not to mention the OVER PRICED store that they make you get credit with at least 500$ worth...WHO WANTS TO PAY 8$ gallon expired milk?

There are so many drug dealers living here. From *** to cocaine and ecstasy. People here literally drink EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm not over exaggerating one bit. They will literally drink from morning till they pass out. I was kept up MANY MANY times by the loud music and annoying drunk people always outside. There are always fights, someone literally got stabbed last semester.

Someone threw a rock at my window trying to hit the one above me and now they're trying to charge me soooo much money for that, although I QUICKLY called the front desk and made a report...why would I want to break my own window..... that doesn't make sense now they're saying they don't have that on file so literally want me to pay over 3 grand. Which I will be talking to a lawyer about.

The shuttle is always late, and it's literally the most unsafe situation ever. There are people packed in there like you can't imagine and the drivers aren't very safe for that matter.

I've been trying to contact them about the 3grand that I supposedly owe for about two weeks in a row and I haven't gotten a single e-mail much less a phone call.. BUT they do keep trying to contact my co-signer which makes zero sense, since they won't explain where that amount is coming from. Now credit scores are being damaged all because of how irresponsible they are. I'm personally getting a lawyer, and I suggest anyone who is trying to deal with them does too.

NOT WHAT I EXPECTED AND WILL NEVER ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO LIVE THERE EVER AGAIN. BTW I'm not the only person who feels this way, why do you guys think people only last one lease and want to move away instantly? If it was so perfect and beneficial as they say, that wouldn't be the case...........DON'T DO IT.

I go to the bowling alley every thursday and it's open tuesdays too. My entire floor signed up to stay for next year basically, so idk what your talking about.

Bad quality
Review #696204 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer696204.

Regency Student Housing - Horrible staff

It is unfortunate that you feel this way, but because of the anonymous nature of this comment we don’t have any way to address comments or concerns. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us directly.

The staff is very rude. As a parent of an out of state student, I can tell you I don't feel good about my daughter being there.

I can't get them to answer the phone and when they finally do they are very rude and do not answer my questions unless I get forceful. The move in day was Saturday but the meal plan didn't start until Monday! What are the kids supposed to do for 2 days? That was nowhere in the lease or on the website.

The manager running the "welcome meeting " said the students were "lucky" to have the shuttle bus then proceeded to tell them it stops running at 7 pm!

WTF!

I knew that coming in. It says the movein date on the 1st pg of the lease and says the date the food starts and ends on the pg all about meal plans. I just used grub hub for those days and it wasn't the end of the world.

Rude staff
Poor customer service
Review #686532 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer686532.

Regency Student Housing - DO NOT SEND YOUR COLLEGE STUDENT HERE!

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Any maintenance issues can be handled through our online maintenance request system and most are able to be addressed within 24 hours. If you need assistance or have maintenance needs or are unsure of how to use the maintenance reporting system please contact us directly.

Moving from Campus Village to The Regency? DO NOT DO IT!

Terrible front desk help. Uncaring, inexperienced managers.

Some newer "studios" are not even up to building code. Which we would have known, but they would not let us see even a model before signing the lease.

It was FILTHY when we moved in, including a bath room that was so disgusting we had to clean it before using it.

Drawers had old food in them.

Antiquated window Air Conditioners that are so loud you have to shut them off to sleep.

Now that we have decided to move, they are refusing to refund any deposits, un-used meal plans, etc.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

Policies, Misleading and unhelpful
Reason of review
Your sub-par facility is what it is, but you then robbing us for leaving is in-explainable!
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #669143 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer669143.

Regency Student Housing - Avoid signing Lease at the Regency, It's a Trap!

All lease charges including defaults are clearly defined in the signed lease. Once the lease is turned over for collections all contact has to be handled through the collection agency and the Regency is no longer involved.
akelly3025
2.5

The girl that gave me and my son the facility tour summarized the lease to us super fast and told us we should sign the lease now as opposed to later while they were not as busy. We paid the deposit and returned a week later to move in and were denied because my son only had the first have of his financial aid disbursement.

They said unless we had the full amount of the lease, he could not move in and forfeited our deposit so my son had to find somewhere else to live. They sued us over 3 years later for three times the lease amount ($16,000!) and got the judgment! We tried talking to the manager (Stephanie) but she refuses or calls or says she is in a meeting if we show up!

We will be picketing outside the Regency this Fall starting in August! All those who have been mistreated by The Regency feel free to join us!

Misleading and unhelpful
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #660277 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Disappointment - application fee scam

The Regency is a student housing community and we take the safety and security of our residents seriously. As such we do criminal background checks on all potential residents and it is clearly stated in two sections on our application. If you feel you were treated unfairly please contact us directly.

I am disappointed that I found out a felony is an automatic disqualification to live in the Regency dorm. People may be surprised how common it is for a person to have a felony. The statistics in the US are staggering. I am glad that I found out from the housing office before I sent in the application fee, and wonder how may people get caught in what many would call a scam. The application fee is non refundable no matter the circumstances. No where does the application or website say do not bother to apply if you have a felony. It seems that the Regency will take your money and then say sorry.

I am disapponted because I believe the downtown colleges and support services should be helping those who are willing to turn thier life around rather than throwing up additional barriers.

I was also told that even if no rooms were available at the time the application is processed, the Regency will still keep your application fee. This just is not right to take money for a service that cannot be provided and I am still unsure how you assure that you are not throwing your application fee away when applying to the Regency. It seems that the consumer is expected to have blind faith, and and little regard for risk, or little regard for the value of 175 dollars.

Policies
Poor customer service
Review #653138 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer653138.

Regency Student Housing - Beware of signing lease......

We would like to talk to you further about your situation but because this was an anonymous review we don’t have a way to look into the details or contact you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Sheila_2015

The young girl that works there talked my daughter into signing the lease to assure her that she would get a better room. I would not sign the 19 page contract as guarantor because we didn't have enough time to thoroughly read through it.

Not knowing that my 19 year old daughter would still be liable for the money. One month later I called and told them she would not be able to move in and I would not guarantee it. They had 4 months to rent out 1 bedroom. I had to pay $2826.00 before the end of April or they would raise it to 13,153.00 !!!!

The company is Central Street Capital. Talk about robbery....unbelievable we could have used that $ for college and they had 4 more months to rent it.........

Not as described
Review #628900 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Regency Student Housing - Extortion!!! Parents do not let your son or daughter move in here...

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, we are making every effort possible to see that your needs are met. However, in order to assist you we need additional information. Please contact us directly.

Called in a payment!!! Payment was never processed...

total fee was almost a 1,000 dollars because of incompetent accounting... This new accountant when we tried to explain was very rude and the upper mgmt wouldn't even let me talk to them personally... Figure out another place to put your kids... Would not even work with us...

Have never been late and my son has lived there for 2 years..

And they do this.. Again rent has always been paid but they messed up and we had to pay big time for there incompetence otherwise eviction and credit would be ruined...

Similarly: Using they're 'web portal' site (to pay rent on) ONCE, it extracted TWO months of payment leaving my son's account in the negative w/fees. Regency REFUSED to refund the 2nd/half payment.

Stating they would "credit it towards the next month". Unacceptable! His only option was to have the bank reverse that for it's entirety (they can't portion it) then pay the exact amount by M.O. and blocking Regency from allowing them further access to that account.

As they claimed 'by using the portal, you give permission to extract funds', yes...but 2x the amount?? They WOULD NOT work with us on this and assessed a 'bounced check' bank fee...and HOUNDED him for that $25!!! Seriously??? THEN they threatened to assess a 'late fee' on top of that!!!!

Do you know that they're late fee is $150??

Cheap ba$tards. (BTW he had no idea of that fee until months after after closing his portal account, as the only means, then, to know about it)

Stephanie leblank
Problems with payment
Loss
Review #607600 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer607600.